No products in the cart.
Our surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS) substrates are fabricated by Advanced Plasmon Technologies (APT). Square stainless steel (Grade 304) plates of 25 mm x 25 mm in size are used as the support. Round holes are drilled on the stainless steel plates. The diameter of each hole is 5 mm and the depth is 0.1-0.2 mm. The round hole is loaded with silver nanowires as SERS substrates. Two types of SERS substrate products are currently provided. They are one-hole and four-hole SERS substrates.
The silver nanowires that are loaded in the holes are more than 20 micrometers long and about 100 nm wide. They form a three-dimensional entangled network. Each crossing junction forms a plasmonic hotspot, where the local electromagnetic field is largely enhanced. The entangled silver nanowires provide numerous junctions and therefore plasmonic hotspots, which are uniformly distributed macroscopically. Moreover, our SERS substrates work over a broad spectral range from the near-ultraviolet to the near-infrared region.
The fabrication of our SERS substrates is well-controlled. The substrates are very sensitive and can be used for the trace detection of many different chemical and biological molecules, for example, additives in food and drinks, and pesticides on fruits and vegetables. By use of a hand-held, portable Raman spectrometer, the detection limits of our SERS substrates for malachite green, 4-aminothiophenol, methylene blue, crystal violet, Sudan red I, melamine, and carbendazim molecules are 1 nM (0.3 ppb), 10 nM (1 ppb), 10 nM (3 ppb), 10 M (4 ppb), 100 nM (0.01 ppm), 100 M (0.01 ppm), and 1000 nM (0.1 ppm), respectively.
|Part #||Hole number||Price|
Footnote: stainless steel support size: 25 x 25 mm. Hole diameter: 5 mm. Hole depth: 0.1-0.2 mm. SERS substrates with other numbers of holes can be provided according to needs.
To use our substrate for SERS detection, drop-cast the solution of 10-20 microliters containing the analyte into the hole containing silver nanowires. The SERS measurements can be performed after the solvent is dried out completely.
The substrate products will be fabricated and packaged under well-controlled conditions upon order. They will be shipped by reliable logistics companies according to the destination.
- H. Yin, N. N. Li, Y. B. Si, H. Zhang, B. C. Yang, J. F. Wang. Gold Nanonails for Surface-Enhanced Infrared Absorption. Nanoscale Horiz. 2020, 5, 1200-1212.
- X. L. Zhuo, H. Y. Yip, X. M. Cui, J. F. Wang, H. Q. Lin. Colour Routing with Single Silver Nanorods. Light: Sci. Appl. 2019, 8, 39.
- X. L. Zhuo, H. K. Yip, Q. F. Ruan, T. K. Zhang, X. Z. Zhu, J. F. Wang, H. Q. Lin, J. B. Xu, Z. Yang. Broadside Nanoantennas Made of Single Silver Nanorods. ACS Nano 2018, 12, 1720-1731.
- N. N. Li, H. Yin, X. L. Zhuo, B. C. Yang, X. M. Zhu, J. F. Wang. Infrared-Responsive Colloidal Silver Nanorods for Surface-Enhanced Infrared Absorption. Adv. Opt. Mater. 2018, 6, 1800436.
- X. L. Zhuo, X. Z. Zhu, Q. Li, Z. Yang, J. F. Wang. Gold Nanobipyramid-Directed Growth of Length-Variable Silver Nanorods with Multipolar Plasmon Resonances. ACS Nano 2015, 9, 7523-7535.
- Q. Li, X. L. Zhuo, S. Li, Q. F. Ruan, Q. H. Xu, J. F. Wang. Production of Monodisperse Gold Nanobipyramids with Number Percentages Approaching 100% and Evaluation of their Plasmonic Properties. Adv. Opt. Mater. 2015, 3, 801-812.